Monday, June 11, 2018
the purge....
I opened my closet the other to get a pair of underwear off the top shelf and the whole damn stack fell on my face and I just sat there, covered in underwear, and i realized i didn't want any of it. We have all this shit. Do we need it? Not most of it. Do we love it? I have gotten better about only purchasing what I really love, but I still have SO. MUCH. CRAP. So, I began to take clothes off of the shelves and hangers, pull pictures off walls and stacking it up. I immediately and in my usual way, planned a Facebook event to sell it all. This was in the 30 minutes before work so now I have a house that resembles the break in scenes in movies and that's just how it is.
You see, we have decided to leave the country at some point. Shipping rates are absurd. I looked into it because I impulse bought some cool furniture last year. Nope. Not gonna happen.
So. uh, I have a houseful to sell, a car to offload, an intercontinental life and possibly relationship to figure out, all while not drinking wine anymore and trying to be a good employee and parent. Well, today, I have back spasms and am stuck on the couch, but you know what I mean.
I knew this would be a challenge. Lots of little pieces of life all aligning at the same point to move a life from one place to another and essentially start all over. Most days, it excites me. Some days, like today, I start to get a little shaky. I am used to this push and pull. It has been my energy all my life and I have just started realizing that my energy has always, always been in two places. I have always felt like a joint between two large bones, holding them together, but always shifting, depending on what needed me more. I am coming to a peace on this subject, but it still catches me off guard at times. So this blog is for that, it's also for victories, failures, and hopefully, I can eventually help someone who wants to make a major change in their life, as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment