Wednesday, June 13, 2018
stasis and seesaws
I have been thinking a lot about balance and how to find it. It's the real meaning of life, I think. We are always asking....what's the meaning of life and some say love, some say happiness, some say peace, some say financial freedom...but to me, all of those things are under the umbrella of balance. If we have that equilibrium between love of self and love of a partner and others, a natural flow occurs. If we get to the sweet spot of what life has to offer as far as adventure and how to fund it, we are free. If we find that we have these things, with a sharp eye on our instincts, our inner guts, we can find this stasis. That's the real goal here. As I enter into this new relationship, I find myself wanting to stuff my moving continents goal, which, when talking to my guts, I know would be a terrible idea. That's not balance. I would be resentful and and regretful to lose either....so I am pondering a move date that will accommodate the need for both. A few months later, putting plans in place with someone else, who originally wasn't part of the plan, but really, who inspired it, is strange. In some ways, I feel like I am caving. I think it's because for many years, instead of compromising with people, I just poured all of myself into someone else. So the past year, I have gotten selfish and uncompromising, out of necessity. Now, I am learning to compromise my steadfast ideas to flex but not surrender myself to what someone else wants. It's uncomfortable. It's scary. But it's part of learning to be a better person, a stronger person, a good partner and a balanced human. I have two big dreams: a healthy relationship, and traipsing off to Australia with my favorite people and starting a new adventure. And I am doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment